Aerix TURBO-X Quadcopter Review
RC Pro Review by: Tom Zadar
Aerix TURBO-X Quadcopter Review
“World’s Fastest Nano Drone™ – Speeds Over 30 MPH!
The Quadcopter is extremely small and light. It is super fast, very stable, and has lighting fast response!
I tried Low Speed and Medium Speed indoors which is twice as responsive as Low Speed.
I then tried TURBO-X Speed outside and it was super responsive! The quad really flies fast in TURBO-X Speed mode!
The yaw rate is not very fast but due to the extremely fast speed of the quad a fast yaw rate could make it very hard to control at high speeds and maneuvers.
On the first flight the quad drifted strongly to the left and backwards. So I did the Re-calibration of the Accelerometer and that fixed the problem.
The transmitter right joystick is very strong, much stronger than any other transmitter that I have or used before.
The heavy spring tension is probably to help from over-correcting on the lighter spring if it had one. I like the heavy spring with a quad that is this fast and responsive.
The Cheerson CX-10 quadcopter blades are the same length, width, hub length and pitch as the blades on the TURBO-X quad. So you can use them for blades if you want to, I got just some.
The TURBO-X Coreless motors are 6mm x 12mm, Shaft Size: 0.8mm x 3.5mm, 40,000 RPM, 11,000 Kv.
The TURBO-X blades are 29.8mm (L) x 4.3mm (W) at the widest point on the blade and the hub length is 5.3mm.
I saw a video from the the guy who made the Turbo-X. He said that the original motors were 30.000 RPM and the motors he put in the Turbo-X are 40,000 RPM.
He also increased the tilt to over 45 degrees. The combination of the faster motors and extreme tilting is what make the Turbo-X such a fast and response quadcopter.
- Auto-Correcting (Auto-Upright)
- 5-7 Minute Flight Time Per 20 Minute Charge via USB
- 6-Axis Stabilization with Gyro Sensor
- Perform 360 degree flips and rolls with dedicated “flip mode” transmitter setting – 4-ways flip (left, right, forward, backward)
- 4 bright LED’s
- Outdoor & indoor use
- 3-Speed Settings:
1. Low Speed: Indoor use (perfect for just starting out)
2. Medium Speed: Not recommended for indoor use. Should only be used outdoors by those experienced with drones.
3. TURBO-X Speed: TURBO-X speed is FAST and NOT recommended for indoor use
- Indoor and outdoor flight)
- 3.7 Volt, 100MAH Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery (LiPo)
- Transmitter battery: 2 x AAA battery
- 4-Channel, 2.4 GHz Transmitter
- Remote Control Range: 25m – Flight Height: 30 meters
- 2.4GHz transmitter with digital trim – 3 Modes:
1. Low Speed – (Equivalent of most other models medium or high speed) One beep pressing down on left joystick (Throttle Stick)
2. Medium Speed – (Twice as fast as low speed) Two beeps pressing down on left joystick (Throttle Stick)
3. TURBO-X Speed (High Speed) – Three beeps pressing down on left joystick (Throttle Stick)
FLIPS AND ROLLS – Press the right joystick (Elevator Stick) to enter into Flip Mode, Once in “Trick Mode” – indicated by beeping, push the Right Stick (Elevator Stick)
fully in the direction you want to flip or roll.
Charges the battery in 21:44 minutes connected to a desktop computer USB port which provides 5V at 500 mAh.
I timed this landing the quad as soon as it started to reduce power and after letting the battery cool down for a while.
The USB charge cord has a red LED which will be off when it is charging and turn on when charging is complete. The is opposite of most other nano quad chargers.
Flight Time: At these times the quad started to lower it’s power and I had to land. There is no low voltage warning that flash the lights on the quad.
- Flight #1 = 4:15 Minutes
- Flight #2 = 4:05 Minutes
Thrust: – 12.2 Grams
- Ultra stable, smooth flying and has extremly fast response!
- Good flight time
- Small enough to fly in any size room
- Bright LED lights, good for flying at night
- No LVC or low voltage warning that flash the lights when the battery is low and it’s time to land.
Aerix TURBO-X Nano Drone
Installed 3.7V, 100 MAH Lithium Ion Battery in Drone
2.4 GHZ, 4-Channel Controller (Requires 2AAA Batteries, not included)
USB Charger Cable
Spare Rotor Blades (4)
Printed Owners Manual/Instructions
- AUW: 12.8G
- One Propeller: 0.5G
- Transmitter: 51.2G wo/batteries, 74.8g w/batteries
Quadcopter: 42mm x 42mm
1. Place Drone on flat LEVEL surface
2. Turn Drone on, Turn Controller on and pair
3. Move the throttle stick fully up and then fully down, you will hear one beep. The quad is now armed and ready to fly.
RECALIBRATION OF ACCELEROMETER:
1. Turn off Drone and Controller
2. Make sure that all batteries are fully charged
3. Place Drone on flat LEVEL surface
4. Turn Drone on, Turn Controller on and pair
5. Keep Throttle (Left Stick) at lowest point
6. Set speed level to TURBO-X (three beeps)
7. Push the Throttle (Left Stick) to Lower Left, HOLD
8. Push Control (Right Stick) to Lower Left, HOLD
9. Drone will flash for 1-2 seconds indicating success.
10. RECALIBRATION OF ACCELEROMETER is complete. The drone is ready to fly.
* Use a bubble level to get a perfectly level surface. The quadcopter gyros will always use the calibration setting you set for it as it’s reference point for level so make sure the surface is as level as you can get it.
If the quadcopter is flying/pulling to one direction after your have done the calibration, you can recalibate it again and put some paper in the same direction that the quadcopter is flying/pulling. So if the quadcopter is flying to the right, put some paper under your flat level surface on the right side to tilt the quadcopter to the left.
Then redo the calibration and test fly it and see how it worked.
This will be some trial and error on how much paper to use to counter the flying/pulling in one direction.
You can use sheets of paper, index cards, envelopes, business cards, etc.
* My camera broke so I had to use my smartphone for pictures
“My text, pictures and videos are Copyright 2009 – 2018 Tom Zadar”